BBQ Chipotle Burgers with Brothers Craft Brewing Co. Hoptizimation
Grain flavors in both beer and burger balance the hops and are light on the palate. This makes burgers a great pair with IPA's like Hoptimization. Hoptimization's striking aroma is the prelude to a crisp American-style IPA. This beer forgoes the common, unrestrained bitterness, using perfect amounts of malt to balance the hoppy bite. Use the beer to whip up your own beer-based BBQ sauce, and these two really will be a match made in heaven.
- 25 to 30 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup Hoptimization beer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices frozen Texas Toast
- 2 spears pickled okra, sliced
1. To prepare barbecue sauce, combine beer, brown sugar, ketchup, chipotle peppers and Worcestershire sauce in saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes until sauce is thickened, set aside.
2. Lightly shape ground beef into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, for 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, prepare Texas Toast according to package directions. Cut each piece of toast in half.
4. For each sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce over one toast half. Top with burger, another tablespoon of sauce, and okra slices. Close sandwich and enjoy with a cold Hoptimization.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Fresh Texas Toast, buttered, may be used instead of frozen product, dill pickle chips or pickled jalapeño peppers may be substituted for pickled okra.