Steak Salad with Brothers' Pear-Pilsnerd Vinaigrette
Grilled steak and peppers grace the top of this salad, which is spiked with a Pilsner Vinaigrette. Brothers Craft Brewing's Pilsnerd honors the german pilsner's tradition of subtle floral depth and bready balance, which makes the crisp pear vinaigrette balance the bold steak flavor.
- 30 to 35 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 beef ranch steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons crushed mixed peppercorns (black, white, pink and green)
- 2 medium red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 1 package (5 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For Pear-Pilsnerd Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup Pear-Pilsnerd beer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground mixed peppercorns
1. Bring 1-inch water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add green beans, cover, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, combine vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
3. Press 2 teaspoons peppercorns evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange peppers around steak. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness. Grill peppers 7 to 11 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until crisp-tender, turning steaks and vegetables occasionally.
4. Carve steaks into thin slices. Cut peppers into 1-2-inch pieces. Season beef and
vegetables with salt, as desired. Divide salad greens among four serving bowls; top with vinaigrette.